Text Box Control With Squiggly Lines?

Posted on 2004-08-22
Medium Priority
Last Modified: 2008-02-26
I want to mimic the text box control I see in MS Word or the .NET IDE where certain text can be underlined with squiggly lines. How would I do that in VB.NET?
Question by:dbnewbie
Welcome to Experts Exchange

Add your voice to the tech community where 5M+ people just like you are talking about what matters.

  • Help others & share knowledge
  • Earn cash & points
  • Learn & ask questions
  • 2
  • 2

Expert Comment

ID: 11863443

it is possible to underline text using the Richtextbox

ex: http://www.startvbdotnet.com/controls/rtb.htm

Author Comment

ID: 11865371
Not underline. Squiggly lines.

Accepted Solution

theonlyfreaky earned 200 total points
ID: 11865692

I was way to enthousiastic (again).

I found an article on squiggly lines (http://geekswithblogs.net/pvidler/archive/2003/10/15/188.aspx) but unfortunably it's in C#.
I hope it's any help

Author Comment

ID: 11866637
Still looking for a control I can just use. I'm not a C# person, but will look at your link.

Featured Post

Free Tool: ZipGrep

ZipGrep is a utility that can list and search zip (.war, .ear, .jar, etc) archives for text patterns, without the need to extract the archive's contents.

One of a set of tools we're offering as a way to say thank you for being a part of the community.

Question has a verified solution.

If you are experiencing a similar issue, please ask a related question

This article explains how to create and use a custom WaterMark textbox class.  The custom WaterMark textbox class allows you to set the WaterMark Background Color and WaterMark text at design time.   IMAGE OF WATERMARKS STEPS Create VB …
It was really hard time for me to get the understanding of Delegates in C#. I went through many websites and articles but I found them very clumsy. After going through those sites, I noted down the points in a easy way so here I am sharing that unde…
In this video, Percona Director of Solution Engineering Jon Tobin discusses the function and features of Percona Server for MongoDB. How Percona can help Percona can help you determine if Percona Server for MongoDB is the right solution for …
In this video, Percona Solution Engineer Rick Golba discuss how (and why) you implement high availability in a database environment. To discuss how Percona Consulting can help with your design and architecture needs for your database and infrastr…
Suggested Courses

765 members asked questions and received personalized solutions in the past 7 days.

Join the community of 500,000 technology professionals and ask your questions.

Join & Ask a Question