I'm planning to get a Linksys Access Point to add on to my existing Linksys-operated network (wireless B network).
My current network configuration is an DSL modem connected to Linksys Wireless Broadband Router, and 2 notebooks connected wirelessly to the broadband router. I need an access point as one of the notebooks is far from the wireless range of the broadband router.
My questions are :
1) How to link the Wireless Access Point (WAP) and Wireless Broadband Router together,
2) How to link the notebook to the WAP,
3) How to check the current firmware version in the existing Wireless Broadband Router as well as the WAP,
4) What settings I have to configure on my Windows XP Professional notebook to connect to WAP ?
I've visited Linksys.com and found out the the Wireless Broadband Router doubles up as an Access Point, but it didn't state if it works with repeater mode.
So new questions bothers me :
1) Is it more logical to get another Wireless Broadband Router instead. since I can have another option to attach my DSL modem to the either router,
2) Does the Wireless Broadband Router has repeater mode functionality,
Thanks for helps...