Will not boot up all the way after ckdisk ran and deleted files? stuck in a loop or os gone??
Posted on 2004-08-26
Ok here it goes I will try my best to recall exactly what happened.
1. yesterday was having problems opening .pst file spoke to someone at easy recovery and they explained it sounded like a hard disk read error.
2. Today ran disk frag and printed report . it said it had fragmented files it did not move.
3. Deleted some old temp files, cookies.
4. installed sypbot and ran program- nothing unusual there..
5. Tried to run scan disk or chkdisk by clicking on c drive properties, tools, check disk - it would not run. I then closed out of it and tried rebooting thought maybe it had to be restared after defrag and spybot.
6. that's when it started doing things quickly that I could not keep up with but from what I could read it said chk disk found errors and started deleting files. ran few a few other things that I could not read it was movingto quick, it tried to boot up and stopped on where it said fixed disk 0 then it said to F1 to resume. I did it looked like it was going to start it wento the windows 2000 pro screen and said it was starting. then it just goes back to the hit f1 to resume.
7. I tried F8 and restarting in safe mode, it would not start
8. I tried to go back to last known configuration and that did not work either.
HELP!! I do not have a clue what to do from here. can anything be saved?
I appreciate all your help in advance!