I have a laptop that is still having problems so I could really use some help. Thanks in advance. I have submitted this question in a different way before with no luck of fixes so far so I am trying to list the problems a different way, hopes this helps someone understand my problems. I used to have windows ME and upgraded to windows xp. I try to download all the updates from Microsoft and they do not take effect. They act like they are downloading and installing but they uninstall themselfs.
1. I have installed norton antivirus 2004 and updated and it did not find anything, after about 2 days I tried to run it again and it said i had a problem with it and had to uninstall and reinstall it.
2. When I reformat my computer and go to set it up it still keeps the old users in the system.
3. I have seversl processes running and services running that I do not start .
4. I run hijackthis and it does not show all the process or services running that everly's home edition shows.
5. I have run spybot s/d and it finds a few problems but nothing major.
6. I try to show all of my folders and files in my folders but I cannot see everything.(system files) Only some files show.
these are just a few and will give move problems upon request.