Problems with NETLOGON
Posted on 2004-09-01
We have recently started experiencing a problem with our network that was first noticed with our network drives becoming unavailable. The problem is not, however, with network drive mappings, but with the network itself.
The following is noticed when the problem occurs (many times a day):
- The problem only seems to affect our server which is the PDC and DHCP, and acts as a file server for many internal documents. Most of our mapped network drives are shares found on this server.
- Other mapped drives from other machines are still accessible.
- This one affected server also runs our internal web server. The web server does not get affected... and we can still ping this server and access files through web sharing, however:
- When we try the network browser to get to the server in question (even while on the server itself), there is the following message: "//drive_name is not accessible… The remote computer is not available". We can see the server name, click into it and see the shares, but cannot open any of the shares. Other computers in the network/domain remain visible and accessible
- A reboot of the server will set things back to normal (for the time being)
- A restart of the "Server" service seems to fix things
- A restart of the "Net Logon" service (which depends on the "Server" service) also seems to work.
From this we gather that this is not a drive mapping problem (we've tried the autodisconnect setting), but with the server becoming unavailable on our network/domain.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.