I use a RAS dialer component in Delphi.
Currently I just use the default phone book and this works fine most of the time.
I have got a user who is using a tablet PC and the component says the dialer is not in the phone book.
They can connect manually. Unfortuanately I don't have access to the table PC to check the precise error.
In looking at this, there is or was a default phone book called rasphone.pbk and for users there were additional phone books called username.pbk.
In XP Pro (or my copy in any case) there does not appear to be a rasphone.pbk. I am not sure where the dialer entries are stored. They might have been rolled into a mdb database or this information might be stored in the registry. I just am not sure.
Can anyone tell me where RAS (dialer information) is stored in XP Pro if one has not set up a personal phone book (pbk) file.
I have installed pbadmin.exe but this shows no phone books on my copy of XP Pro.
The question is if a user has infomation stored somewhere else other than the default location (where ever that is) how can I import there dialer information into the defaullt location?
I found this on a Microsoft site
Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 284269
HOW TO: Save and Restore Dial-up Connections in Windows XP
1. Locate the Rasphone.pbk file in the %SystemDrive%\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Network\Connections\Pbk folder.
Note The Application Data folder is a hidden folder. To view the folder, follow these steps:
1. Open the All Users folder, and then click Folder Options on the Tools menu.
2. Click View, click Show hidden files and folders, and then click OK.
2. After you have created all your connections, copy the Rasphone.pbk to a safe location, and then copy the Rasphone.pbk file to the %SystemDrive%\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Network\Connections\Pbk folder on the other computer.
Note When you replace the Rasphone.pbk file, you are prompted to confirm the file replacement. Click Yes to replace the file.
3. Restart the computer to view the connections.
The problem is when I go to the above folder there is no Rasphone.pbk !!!!??????!!!!
The only file present is one called sharedaccess.ini.
If I go to %systemfolder%\system32\RAS, there is not much there either, 4 scp files and two inf files; switch.inf and pad.inf.
So where is the phone book information ????