After lots of searching and numerious attempts to correct the issue, I cannot join an XP workstation to my recently-upgraded AD domain. Based on previous searches, I've done the following:
1. Confirmed IP connectivity to my domain controller
2. Confirmed DNS resolution to my domain controller
3. Ran a successful NSLOOKUP against my DC
4. Verified I had a Reverse DNS zone
5. Added PTR record for my DC in DNS
Here are the details from the error message when joining:
DNS was successfully queried for the service location (SRV) resource record used to locate a domain controller for domain corp.mycompany.com:
The query was for the SRV record for _ldap._tcp.dc._msdcs.corp.strategiccompanies.com
The following domain controllers were identified by the query:
Common causes of this error include:
- Host (A) records that map the name of the domain controller to its IP addresses are missing or contain incorrect addresses.
- Domain controllers registered in DNS are not connected to the network or are not running.
Here is the output from NetDiag:
DNS test . . . . . . . . . . . . . : Passed
PASS - All the DNS entries for DC are registered on DNS server '127.0.0.1'.
Any help is appreciated. Thanks!