My report has text fields that display Unicode strings coming from the DB. If the Unicode strings contain Japanese text, then the PDF export will only show empty boxes instead of the Japanese characters. *But*: the HTML & Word exports are OK, my browser and my Word does display the Japanese text correctly. What could be the problem with the PDF?
- I use CR 10 Developer *English*.
- My OS is Windows 2000 English.
- I have installed the Japanese Langugage Support Pack from the OS install CD; I believe this made it possible for the browser and Word to display the Japanese characters.
- When I preview the report in the CR Designer, this is what happens:
- In the Group Tree, Crystal *is* able to display Japanese characters
- But on the actual preview pages, Crystal only shows empty boxes instead of Japanese characters
The latter is very similar to what happens in the PDF export, which makes me believe that something (a Japanese font?) is missing from my Crystal installation.
- A colleague of mine has repeated the experiment on *Japanese* Windows XP, using English CR. The result was the same.
This is a fairly urgent issue for us; I've contacted CR's tech support already, but they haven't been able to provide a solution yet. Any help would be very much appreciated.