I am a web developer. Until now I made all my web backends myself. But now I have a larger project and similar projects will follow.
So it is time for me to decide on a CMS that I will use for my future projects.
This is a list of features I would like to have, from most important to least important
* PHP language (This is my favorite web language. Since I will have to make some plugins, this is a must)
* SQL based (I prefer the PEAR or ADODB library, so I can use any database, but I would use a proprietary backend SQL interface also)
* no known exploits or security problems in the latest stable version
* multi-language, not only the user interface, but also the ability to have one article in several languages (and not as separate articles, because then I will never know if all articles are translated in all languages)
* customizable menu names
* logic and presentation separated (and I mean completely separated, for example I test at the moment tikiwiki, it uses smarty templates. But if you use a rss feed, the presentation not in a template, but in the program's logic, so no way to change it by theme :( ) I would prefer Smarty, because I know how to use it, but any other similar template system will do. Either there must be debugger that shows from wich template the output is created or the documentation covers all templates (a rare thing)
* user/group rights per module
* the possibility to switch on/off complete modules, no leftover menu parts or senseless links or options
* functionality: articles (where allowed users may post news...) with a wysiwyg interface
inclusion of static pages, they must be shown in the CMS' content zone
* easy and well documented plugin interface for programmers
* good documentation (nothing is more annoying than spending half a day searching for a silly small problem that a good documention would solve in 10 minutes)
* all modules must be able to show their content on another page (like showing a user list on the main page, or the first 10 lines of all articles below the news page)
* must be usable for small and medium sites
* search engine friendly pathes
* mass mailing or sms sending
ok, that about sums it up. Do you know this CMS? Please post it here dead or alive!
What CMS do you use? And why?