Solved

problem writing exceptions to Access

Posted on 2004-09-10
3
195 Views
Last Modified: 2010-04-15
Hi,

I'm trying to nail down a bug which has been nagging me, so I decided to log any and all exceptions to Access.  Trouble is that I can't seem to get a Memo field to accept the exception, which is chocked filled of special characters.

Any ideas about how to get such a chunk of text into Access?  Or if you know any other way to accomplish my goal of logging an exception, I'd really appreciate it.


Thanks,
Bob
0
Comment
Question by:ba272
[X]
Welcome to Experts Exchange

Add your voice to the tech community where 5M+ people just like you are talking about what matters.

  • Help others & share knowledge
  • Earn cash & points
  • Learn & ask questions
3 Comments
 
LVL 20

Expert Comment

by:TheAvenger
ID: 12025666
Do you want to log only the message? If so, you can use a simple Text field. It takes less memory and is much easier to handle. Just make its size 255 (I think this is the maximum) and you will be able to save at least 99.99% of the messages (the other 0.01% will be too long and will be cut)
0
 
LVL 8

Accepted Solution

by:
Razzie_ earned 500 total points
ID: 12026597
'which is chocked filled of special characters.'. Are you saving the Exception.Message and not trying to save the Exception object itself?
0
 

Author Comment

by:ba272
ID: 12027734
Thanks.
0

Featured Post

Free Tool: Postgres Monitoring System

A PHP and Perl based system to collect and display usage statistics from PostgreSQL databases.

One of a set of tools we are providing to everyone as a way of saying thank you for being a part of the community.

Question has a verified solution.

If you are experiencing a similar issue, please ask a related question

Suggested Solutions

Title # Comments Views Activity
Problem with SelectList in .NET MVC application 1 35
IEnumerable<T> to a List<T> 8 53
Need help with another query 10 39
Build a string of emails from a gridview 2 18
Article by: Najam
Having new technologies does not mean they will completely replace old components.  Recently I had to create WCF that will be called by VB6 component.  Here I will describe what steps one should follow while doing so, please feel free to post any qu…
Introduction Hi all and welcome to my first article on Experts Exchange. A while ago, someone asked me if i could do some tutorials on object oriented programming. I decided to do them on C#. Now you may ask me, why's that? Well, one of the re…
Finds all prime numbers in a range requested and places them in a public primes() array. I've demostrated a template size of 30 (2 * 3 * 5) but larger templates can be built such 210  (2 * 3 * 5 * 7) or 2310  (2 * 3 * 5 * 7 * 11). The larger templa…
Are you ready to implement Active Directory best practices without reading 300+ pages? You're in luck. In this webinar hosted by Skyport Systems, you gain insight into Microsoft's latest comprehensive guide, with tips on the best and easiest way…

733 members asked questions and received personalized solutions in the past 7 days.

Join the community of 500,000 technology professionals and ask your questions.

Join & Ask a Question