Permission to copy files and update windows fail
Posted on 2004-09-11
I have a Windows 2000 Server. It is running an Exchange server. This is working just fine. But the last 2 weeks i have discovered several errors.
1) I cant select the Windows Update option in the start menu - nothing happens
2) I cant copy filed between my desktop and C drive - nor between my E drive and my desktop.
3) If i manually connect to windowsupdate.microsoft.com and search for updates it finds several updates - however when i selcet the download option nothing happens.
4) I have also tried to install Spam software, Sun Java and other things but the software can't install proberly and fails to complete at the end.
5) I cant click on a link on a webpage - nothing happens - however this is not the case all the time, but is allways the same links that i cant lick on. for instance i cant click on the 'read more' button in the list of critical updates in software update.
All these errors started at the same time so i suspect that it is due to the same problem... But i have no clue
Hope someone would help me out.