Hi! I'd like to create a "virtual" mountable drive that uses one or more files to emulate physical disks and has the following features:
- Needs to act like a standard hard drive (i.e. it needs to be accessible via Explorer, etc.)
- Needs to be created and manged through my own software.
- Needs to intrinsically encrypt all of its data and/or allows me to add this ability in
- Works under Win98, WinNT, Win2K, Win2003 and across network shares
- Doesn't use the "subst" command or similar: I need to create an actual file-based volume
- Commerical software is fine as long as it doesn't cost an arm and a leg
Some examples I've come across which almost but not quite fill the bill are:
- FileDisk: http://www.acc.umu.se/~bosse/
- Single File System: http://www.aidaim.com/info/main.php
Logon SOftware (http://www.logon-int.com/Product.asp?ClassId=SYSSECUR&sProdClassCode=SWR-P-01
) has a great product called Sentry 2020 that appears to do everything I need. Unfortunately, their product is an application, not a development library.
Anyway, any help in this regard would be greatly appreciated. Thanks...