SAP crashes with two "gateway" entries in TCP/IP on Windows
Posted on 2004-09-14
1) I have no knowledge of SAP, how it connects, etc.
2) I do not have access to SAP server whatsoever.
3) I'm pretty handy with networking in general.
4) I do not have good communications with the SAP and router administrators.
5) I have access to the DHCP server so I can easily pass various informations.
6) I am on network 10.20.41.x, subnet mask of 255.255.255.0.
7) Our internet router is 10.20.41.29 that connects straight to DSL internet.
8) The router that passes info to SAP (somehow) is 10.20.41.254.
9) The SAP application servers are 10.10.200.120 and 10.20.200.100.
If I have "Default Gateways" entries in Windows 2000/XP for 10.20.41.29 and 10.20.41.254 SAP generally works okay for long periods of time, but will crash out with this error:
partner not reached (host 10.10.200.100, service sapdp00)
WSAECONNREFUSED: Connection refused
Do you want to see the detailed error description?
Often the computer will need to be rebooted to reconnect, sometimes just clicking reconnect will work.
If I put in just the one router 10.20.41.254 into TCP/IP settings without the internet router, everything is PERFECT and it never crashes.
Going with a proxy server would probably eliminate this issue, however I'd like to work with the hardware at hand.
Any help on solving this problem will be greatly appreciated.