Using MS Access database in VB6 application
Posted on 2004-09-16
I need to access a MS Access 2000 database via my VB6 application and would like to know the best way of doing this.
1) Should I keep the database connection open throughout the lifetime of the application or is it best to open it when I access it?
2) What error handling should I implement, e.g. rollback?
3) I want to use the Jet 4.0 driver, what should I look out for, if anything, when installing my application on clients' PCs, e.g. OS versions, driver versions, etc.?
4) There are quite a few parameters on when opening a connection. My database access is very simple, how should I implement the connection string?
5) Are there any good sample VB6 applications that access/write to/read from a MS Access database?