Application running on localhost but not on website
Posted on 2004-09-20
I'm alittle new to this, but we have a web app that converts .doc and .xls files to .htm files and then can be viewed in an intranet site. The links run fine under my local machine but in our intranet site, the links give me this error:
The page cannot be displayed:
Technical Information (for support personnel)
Path/File access error
/Refmaterial/Codes/WebClass1.ASP, line 13
Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0; T312461; Hotbar 22.214.171.124; .NET CLR 1.0.3705; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)
Monday, September 20, 2004, 10:08:59 AM
The strange thing is that if I run my app in Visual Studio.NET the links work, then I open internet explorer, and go to same link on the actual intranet site, the same link works.
If I didn't test my web app locally and just went straight to the intranet page and clicked a link I'll get the above error.