Migration to Windows Server 2003
Posted on 2004-09-21
We are a small organization and our current Network Scenario is as follows:
- Currently, our Primary Domain Controller has Windows NT
- Currently, our Backup Domain Controller has Windows NT
- All other Servers (File Server, Print Server, Web Servers) have Windows 2000
- We have purchased New Windows 2003 Servers (enterprise edition) which would act as our new domain controllers.
- All workstations use only static IP addresses. We do not have a DHCP server
We are planning to migrate everything to Windows Server 2003. My questions are these:
1. How should we proceed on doing this?
2. What is preferable: Using ADMT (Active Directory Migration Tool) or doing an in-place upgrade?
3. What are the potential problems that we could face?
I appreciate your response.