Solved

logic:equal with two variables

Posted on 2004-09-21
13
4,616 Views
Last Modified: 2008-01-09
Is there a way of comparing two session variables using struts  logic tag.
Or
we can only compare variables with constants
0
Comment
Question by:padmasri99
  • 5
  • 3
  • 2
  • +1
13 Comments
 
LVL 35

Expert Comment

by:TimYates
ID: 12115696
You should be able to do:

<bean:define id="valueA" value="<%= (String)session.getAttribute( "String one" ) %>"/>
<logic:equal name="valueA" value="<%= (String)session.getAttribute( "String two" ) %>">
   ...
</logic:equal>

which will compare two strings...  else, as you say, you will have to do it in 2 steps, OR doi it in JSP code...
0
 

Author Comment

by:padmasri99
ID: 12116101
I need to compare two bean property values and when I am doing it with bean define is setValue error in logic equal tag.Here is the code snippet.

<bean:define id="total" name="page" property="total" />
<logic:equal name="page" property="endValue" value="total">
  Do some thing
</logic:equal>

When I am defining "total" as constant in bean define it is working fine.
0
 
LVL 35

Expert Comment

by:TimYates
ID: 12116140
Have you tried:

<logic:equal name="page" property="endValue" value="<%= total %>">

that probably wont work either though... I *believe* logic:equal only compares string values...

So as I said, you will probably have to do this with code...rather than the logic:equal tag
0
 

Author Comment

by:padmasri99
ID: 12116169
Yes I tried with scrilets (value="<%= total %>")also it also ended up in error.
Is there any way to do this with tags?
0
 

Author Comment

by:padmasri99
ID: 12116331
I am able to do this with JSTL
<c:if test="${page.endValue != page.totalValue}">
Thanks for the help
0
Find Ransomware Secrets With All-Source Analysis

Ransomware has become a major concern for organizations; its prevalence has grown due to past successes achieved by threat actors. While each ransomware variant is different, we’ve seen some common tactics and trends used among the authors of the malware.

 
LVL 35

Accepted Solution

by:
TimYates earned 250 total points
ID: 12116808
>  I am able to do this with JSTL
>  <c:if test="${page.endValue != page.totalValue}">

Yeah, jstl uses expression parsing to allow you to do this...unfortunately, there is no way to do this with struts...

that looks like a good hybrid solution :-)
0
 
LVL 35

Expert Comment

by:TimYates
ID: 12502478
I think this should be a PAQ and refund...  I did nothing more than emotional support ;-)

Keep up the good work though girionis!  My inbox is a testament to the work you have done over the last day or two!!

*faint* ;-)

Tim
0
 
LVL 35

Expert Comment

by:girionis
ID: 12502624
Hello Tim, you stated that there is no way to do it with Struts and I reckon this is the solution.

> My inbox is a testament to the work you have done over the last day or two!!

Yes I know, I have done all the questions in the JSP category (not so many though), now I have plenty of time :)
0
 
LVL 35

Expert Comment

by:TimYates
ID: 12502773
>  Hello Tim, you stated that there is no way to do it with Struts and I reckon this is the solution.

:-)  Cool...  I guess we'll have to wait the 4 days, and see if padmasri99 makes a comment or not :-)

God, I tried doing the cleanup once, I managed it for a couple of weeks before the workload drove me mad...

It's a thankless task generally, so again I thank you for doing it :-)

Good luck with beating me soundly in the Java TA ;-)  *grrr* ;-)

hahaha

Tim
0
 
LVL 35

Expert Comment

by:girionis
ID: 12502844
> Good luck with beating me soundly in the Java TA ;-)

Hehe that was when I literally had no work at all :) Good you were busy back then otherwise I would still be 100,000 points behind :)
0
 

Expert Comment

by:a_bajpayee
ID: 21212602
>> Yes I tried with scrilets (value="<%= total %>")also it also ended up in error.

I would try value="<%= total.toString() %>"
0

Featured Post

Threat Intelligence Starter Resources

Integrating threat intelligence can be challenging, and not all companies are ready. These resources can help you build awareness and prepare for defense.

Join & Write a Comment

In this article, you will read about the trends across the human resources departments for the upcoming year. Some of them include improving employee experience, adopting new technologies, using HR software to its full extent, and integrating artifi…
Find out what Office 365 Transport Rules are, how they work and their limitations managing Office 365 signatures.
This video gives you a great overview about bandwidth monitoring with SNMP and WMI with our network monitoring solution PRTG Network Monitor (https://www.paessler.com/prtg). If you're looking for how to monitor bandwidth using netflow or packet s…
This video shows how to remove a single email address from the Outlook 2010 Auto Suggestion memory. NOTE: For Outlook 2016 and 2013 perform the exact same steps. Open a new email: Click the New email button in Outlook. Start typing the address: …

705 members asked questions and received personalized solutions in the past 7 days.

Join the community of 500,000 technology professionals and ask your questions.

Join & Ask a Question

Need Help in Real-Time?

Connect with top rated Experts

18 Experts available now in Live!

Get 1:1 Help Now