Terminal Services (multi-session mode) on Windows server 2003 PDC - can't logon = "You do not have access ..."
Posted on 2004-09-21
I can't logon to a Terminal Services (multi-session) on Windows server 2003 PDC - I get error message "You do not have access to logon to this Session" - not even Administrator!
I have done the following:
1. Set permissions on the RDO connection to allow Domain Users, Domain Admins, Administratours, Remote Desktop ... etc., to have full access
2. Set Domain Controller Security policy to allow all those groups to logon locally, allow all those groups to logon through terminal services session
3. Set Domain Security policy to same as 2, above
4. Added users to local Remote Desktop Users group (should not be necessary?)
5. Set all user profiles in Active Directory for users allowed to logon to terminal services
At the PDC Desktop and any other network computer, when I run mstsc, connect to the PDC, and try to login via Remote Desktop Connection, I get the "You do not have access ..." message when I try to logon.
I've read and followed the advice/instructions of the other postings in this section - I still cannot logon via RDC.
What am I missing?
Thanks - Grant E.