I have Samba "correctly" set up as a PDC... smb.conf to follow.
My Win98 and WinXP comps are using it correctly as a workgroup share server just fine.
But I need the security from domain logons, and scripting with roaming profiles...
so I have switched an XP comp to domain logon... and it works fine, I switched to roaming profiles and my user works fine... but anyother user or any new users are having problems:
1. Settings in MS products (IE for example) are not being saved (Proxy settings for example)
2. Start Bar settings are not being saved.
3. MS Office products ask for user name twice no matter how many times you have previously opend it.
4. MS Word cannot save files
5. Visual desktop settings are not being saved.
On the other hand things are working such as renaming and delteing files on the desktop, mapped drives, etc.
Note: The settings mentioned above do not save for a second, the moment you click ok to a settings change and then you re-open the settings dialog... the settings are "lost"/gone. This is not an issue of local profiles not being saved to the server.
I am GMT +6 so my response will take up to 12 hours.