Posted on 2004-09-23
Is there any IT Manger that can help me out!! I aworking on a project where I am suppose to call or email an IT Manager to find out the following information. From this information, I and the other members in my class will be able to discuss and determine the most popular networking design approaches.
1. Does your network use Ethernet, Token Ring, or both?
2. What transmission speed does your network use?
3. On what type of backbone does your network rely?
4. What type of wiring does your network use? Do you use the same type of wiring for the backbone as you do for connecting workstations?
5. Do you use WAN technologies? If so, in what kind of a topology are your separate locations arranged?
6. If you had all the money you wanted in your budget, what type of upgrades would you make to your network? If you only had enough money for one, which would it be?