First the basics of my System config =
O.S. - Windows ME (GOLD, Jun 2000 ed.)
Processor - P4 1.6 Ghz (256 KB Cache)
Video - GeForce 2 MX 200 (64 MB)
RAM - 512 MB SDRAM;
HDD - 40GB 7200 RPM. (HDD Primary Master with DMA mode enabled)
Other - 1 CDROM & 1 CDWriter drive.
Desc. - When I run 'MSINFO32.exe', I have the following entry in my "System Summary -> Components -> Problem Devices Category".
There are 6 (six) enteries having following format -:
" ACPI IRQ Holder for PCI IRQ Steering ACPI\*PNP0C0F\00000003 22 "
* Could someone please let me know how to remove this error? (if it is one, i.e.)
* OR, How could I disable this device?
* And, Would it lead to some problem if it is allowed to persist?
Also, the problem given below was posted on this forum some time back, but did not get solved.
Desc. - Sometimes this happens, sometimes not ;) When I am accessing any of the partitions of
the HDD, or am installing a S/w app. with any other small apps in background, there are certain times when the system seems to freeze, & then it revives all by itself.
This I am saying as the mouse pointer seems to stick at one place, and when moved, it seems to take forever.
I've done the following checks-
1) Repartitoned/Formatted/Defragged/ScanDisked all drives;
2) Re-Installed the O.S. ;
3) Scanned for any Virii;
4) Ditto for spywhere ;
5) My "HijackThis" log is O.K.
6) I am keeping default setings for my swap file (i.e. C:\Windows; with auto sizing)
I could have come to terms with this if I had an older system. But with this kind of config, should I be facing this prob.??
Please help me with ur answers & suggestions ASAP.