I'm considering learning Delphi, I'm after recommendations (for or against) all forms of instructional materials
and training courses. Information to consider:
- I'm in the UK, so physical courses held in the US or elsewhere are not much help
- Cost and flexability are issues, I will be paying for this myself (not my employer) and probably doing it around other activities.
- I already know C and Panther (a VB'ish GUI) and did study pascal on my degree course (nearly 20 years ago, eek)
- I know interbase, firebird and ingres so the database side I don't expect problems with.
- I want to learn a) how to use it and b) and to use it 'properly' - best practises, etc