?
Solved

The Name could not be resolved. The action could not be completed.

Posted on 2004-09-27
9
Medium Priority
?
14,614 Views
Last Modified: 2011-08-18
I have a Windows 2003 Enterprise Edition server (with SP1 from CD) running exchange 2003 (with SP1). I can connect to the exchange server using OWA, but whenever I use a mail client Office 2003 running on Windows XP, I get the following error when I click check name "The Name could not be resolved. The action could not be completed.". I have checked all the settings and searched this site, but I cannot find anything that has solved the problem as yet. Has anybody got any suggestions?
0
Comment
Question by:Bryntm
[X]
Welcome to Experts Exchange

Add your voice to the tech community where 5M+ people just like you are talking about what matters.

  • Help others & share knowledge
  • Earn cash & points
  • Learn & ask questions
  • 3
  • 3
9 Comments
 
LVL 5

Expert Comment

by:GDoucette
ID: 12160791
Are you experiencing this on one computer or all computers?

All users or one user?

Can you log into the Exchange Server on the machine in question with a different profile?

Can you use the profile you are having trouble with on a differnet machine?
0
 

Author Comment

by:Bryntm
ID: 12160908
This is occuring on all machines for all users. I have tried with other profiles, including domain admin, but the same error occurs. The same profile gives the same error on other machines.
0
 
LVL 5

Expert Comment

by:GDoucette
ID: 12160930
Was this working before, and then just started behaving this way, or have you not been able to connect ever?
0
Get free NFR key for Veeam Availability Suite 9.5

Veeam is happy to provide a free NFR license (1 year, 2 sockets) to all certified IT Pros. The license allows for the non-production use of Veeam Availability Suite v9.5 in your home lab, without any feature limitations. It works for both VMware and Hyper-V environments

 

Author Comment

by:Bryntm
ID: 12160963
I was running Standard serveer 2000 with exchange 2000 and all was working fine. I have just reloaded the exchange server with 2003. Since the change it is not working at all.
0
 
LVL 5

Expert Comment

by:GDoucette
ID: 12160976
0
 

Author Comment

by:Bryntm
ID: 12161104
I have added the registry key and set it to use both methods. After a restart the same error occurs.
0
 
LVL 1

Accepted Solution

by:
duraisk earned 2000 total points
ID: 12168831
Can you check the services options in outlook and in the addressing tab, select the valid address book and apply the changes
Restart your mail client and this should work fine
0

Featured Post

Industry Leaders: We Want Your Opinion!

We value your feedback.

Take our survey and automatically be enter to win anyone of the following:
Yeti Cooler, Amazon eGift Card, and Movie eGift Card!

Question has a verified solution.

If you are experiencing a similar issue, please ask a related question

Changing a few Outlook Options can help keep you organized!
In this article I discuss my selections of the Top Four free Outlook OST File Viewers available. Open, view and read even damaged OST files by using these tools. They all provide a clear preview of all data such as emails, notes, tasks, calendars, e…
Get people started with the process of using Access VBA to control Outlook using automation, Microsoft Access can control other applications. An example is the ability to programmatically talk to Microsoft Outlook. Using automation, an Access applic…
This is my first video review of Microsoft Bookings, I will be doing a part two with a bit more information, but wanted to get this out to you folks.
Suggested Courses

762 members asked questions and received personalized solutions in the past 7 days.

Join the community of 500,000 technology professionals and ask your questions.

Join & Ask a Question