Cannot mount store after offline restore on dissimilar hardware
Posted on 2004-09-28
I tried restoring a Windows 2000 Server SP4 Active Directory system state and an Exchange Server 2000 SP3 database backup on a standalone server with dissimilar hardware with an offline restore. I have used this restore procedure many times, and it has always worked. Recently there were problems with our Active Directory replications, and we repaired this problem by demoting the secondary domain controller and re-promoting it, and then restoring the SYSVOL folder. This fixed our replication problem, but I think that this may be the cause for our unsuccessful restores. Our restore procedure is the following, the errors are written in capital letters and are present only in our recent and unsuccessful restore attempts:
1. Try to assemble a hardware configuration as similar as possible to the original. The harddrive sizes are identical.
2. Install Win2K as a standalone server, with identical IP address, Windows Components (DNS etc), Computer Name, Service Packs, Hotfixes, etc.
3. Restore System State (with default NTBackup settings, ex. Do Not Overwrite Existing Files)
-AFTER RESTART, SOME SERVICES COULD NOT BE START ERROR MESSAGE AT LOGIN
-IN MMC SNAPIN, FOLLOWING OBJECTS ARE MISSING: SYSTEM
MICROSOFT EXCHANGE SYSTEM OBJECTS
LOST AND FOUND
5. Reinstall Exchange 2000 in disaster recovery mode.
6. Reinstall all drivers removed from System State restore (ex. NIC, VGA, INF etc.)
7. Reconfigure static IP Address
8. Ensure all Exchange services are started, unmount mailbox store and public store, and unselect 'Do not mount this store at startup', and select 'This database can
be overwritten by a restore' (for both stores)
-ALL SERVICES START, EXCEPT MICROSOFT EXCHANGE MANAGEMENT SERVICE ERROR 2: SYSTEM CANNOT FIND THE FILE
9. Restore Exchange database backup. In NTBackup I configure to 'Always replace existing files', select 'last backup set', select 'mount database after restore'
-AFTER RESTORE, EXCHANGE STORES CANNOT BE MOUNTED, NEITHER AUTOMATICALLY, NOR MANUALLY.
-FOLLOWING ERROR MESSAGE AFTER MANUAL MOUNT: c104724
Note: The event log is filled with application and system errors regarding exchange and active directory.
Errors codes range from applications log: 9175, 8197, 101, 103, 9518, 9519, 619, 102, 903, 904, 411
directory services log: 1311, 1566
systems log: 8035, 7000, 8015, 8033, 1007, 1006, 101
Any help would be greatly appreciated.