1) We are on Oracle 9i RAC on Windows 2000 Advanced Server with SP3
2) We have 2 nodes in the Cluster
3) The Database resides in the SAN Shared Storage Area with OCFS and we are running in Archivelog mode
4) The Archivelog's are stored on both the Servers running the 2 instances and they are located in 'F:\Archive' with the "Non-CFS Local Archiving" Mode
5) We have recently installed VERITAS NetBackup 5.1 and enabled the RMAN
6) When we performed a back up of the Database and Archivelogs by connecting from one of the instance / node, we were successful in backing up the Database but when it came to backing up the Archivelogs -- it failed showing "RMAN-06059: expected archived log not found, lost of archived log compromises recoverability".
7) Then i performed a test by connecting to both the nodes (through the NET8 Alias strings) and was successful in backing-up the Archive logs from both the nodes to Disk.
Kindly advise a strategy to perform a successful backup of Database and the Archive logs from both the Nodes ?
Thanks in Advance.