Well I've landed a domino job which means all the study has paid off. But I'm a little short on practical experience. I do know networks and exchange quite well.
I've got 7 pcs - 3 of which are speced enuff to run domino. The clients run a mix of 5.x 6.0 and 6.5.1
So I'd like to know:
- how to switch domino versions on the same OS install - ie. want one win2003
machine to have be able to run as 5.x or 6.0 or 6.5.1
- do I need any special patches to run on windows 2003?
- If I have a mixture of servers what directory version should I run
- what order should I install the versions?
- how can I change directory locations
- what's the most common topology - we generally deal with multiple sites eg. hub/spoke
- I've got a scary looking R5 admin book (can't remember the title), but its got a gold cover - is this still relevant?
what versions should I run on the clients - ie. are 6.51 clients free and will talk to any version so everyone runs them or should I try and run a mix of clients too?
- anything else relevant to a test network
Much TIA.......and so it begins