Posted on 2004-09-29
"the action could not be completed. the name could not be matched to a name in the address list."
This is the error that I recieve when I attempt to join a client to my exchange server. This has not been a problem in the past. I started having the trouble a couple of months ago. So I just used pop for my additional clients. We are small. Tried to resolve the problem with a reinstall last night. Now no clients can connect to the exchange server via outlook client 2k,2003 unless I use pop. I have looked at other posts. I have pinged the FQDN and believe I have checked the Global Address list. The webclient is working fine.