I am in the process of upgrading a client's database. This was not designed by my company, we are merely upgrading it and taking over the admin from another company. One of the items we are adding is the use of a SLIP printer to print daily reports on. The client has a PosiFlex PP4000 series thermal printer which they wish to make use of.
Basically, here is the current process they capture records into the database and print the reports:
1. Records are created on a daily basis. Each record is linked to a customer account number.
2. Reports are printed on a daily basis - but not for all customers.
3. In the customer account table is a field called Print (with a yes/no option). The user of the database opens a form where a list of customer accounts are displayed where they can select multiple customer accounts (by marking the print field to true) and de-select other accounts (by makring the print field as false)
4. A query is generated using all customer accounts where the Print field is TRUE.
5. The daily reports that are printed are based on this query.
6. Each customer's report prints on a separate page with a summary at the end. If the report is more than one page, the page header repeats on each page and the summary is on the last page.
This situation is perfect except for a few things which the SLIP printer would now allow.
1. Instead of the report splitting over multiple pages, we would like the report to print each customer's report on one long page. As the SLIP printer is on a roll of paper this is possible in theory, but cannot find the option is access to allow this?
2. The SLIP printer also has the feature of cutting the paper at the of the report. Instead of cutting the report once at the very end, I would like each customer's report to be cut seperately. This may require each customer's report print as a separate report instead of just one.
Any help in setting this up would be hugely appreciated.
Thx in advance