I am looking for a good proxy, and since stuff is being developed all the time I think it's time for a bit of name your favorite.
Points go to reasons why you like the proxy that you are using.
I do have conditions for submitions !
1) Software, no hardware
2) FREE stuff. If I'm setting up a proxy I'm not going to pay for software ( I'm broke ;-)
3) Windows or Linux (Woody rulez ! )
4) I'd like to cash pages, maybe filter URL'z.
5) I have a firewall on my router ( Cisco access-list) so the proxy can be weak on the firewalling
6) I WANT STATS ! I need to keep track of bandwith hogs with up to the minute stats, catch network worms before they spread, ect.
7)I would like to throttle, maybe per IP or port or something similar.
8) I dont mind having to learn to do a tricky setup, though my time is precious.
Please dont post here...I asked this same question in annoter section, and with allot more points... to post click ere ---> http://www.experts-exchange.com/Security/Firewalls/Q_21149897.html