I've written a program and here is what it does:
1. Every 3 seconds, the prog checks to see if a files lastModified time has changed.
2. If it has, the prog then reads each line (the line is a list of parameters for another class)
3. Launches another class in a new thread for each line and processes the parameters
4. deletes the original file (after all lines have been read and the InputStreamReader is closed)
5. recreates the file for future entries (because I don't want to re-process those lines already processed).
6. sets the new files lastModified time to the last captured lastModified time
The future entries will be written to the file using asp.
Is there a better way of doing this??? If you would like to see my code, please let me know. It's quite lengthy. If there is a better way of doing this, examples or links to examples would be great.