HP 930 printer driver for windows xp on a Toshiba newly reloded laptop
Posted on 2004-09-30
This used to work
1. Received back from new hard drive surgery
2. Xp service pack 1 only
3. USB CABLE "beeps"
4. says new hard ware detected
5. Thinks it is a 970c!!!
6. Downloaded hp driver and installation software for 930
7. It attempts to load the installation software and then tests to see the kind of connection.
click "usb" and it will not go on until it finds a valid printer.
8. Cancel printer install
9. HP troubleshooting web site says something about a win2000 driver and that the win.ini file must have the ports and printer ports unchecked.
10. I can not find this "port" stuff in the win.ini file when looking at it in msconfig.
Is this the problem (using win2000 dirver) but can't find correct port.
HP says this is true for 960 980 etc but not 930.
Think I will try paralell cable next.