1. I have a usb modem plugged into my windows machine which I use to connect to AOL broadband (yes, unfortunately it's AOL)
2. I have tried unsuccessfully to connect to AOL service through the linux machine, as being a linux newbie I couldn't even manage to install PengAOL
3. I don't need a permanent connection through my linux machine (just enough to install MythTV through the rpms) so I thought - "I know I'll connect to AOL through my windows machine then share the internet connection."
4. So I connected to AOL through windows and then connected both computers with two way RJ45 network cable
5. The two computers then have IPs that can see each other (windows =192.168.0.1, linux = 192.168.0.8)
6. In the linux equivalent of network connections I can see the windows machine and navigate to folders. So they can see each other! However, I can't use the internet in linux.
Now...my question is how do I go one step further and use the windows internet connection through the linux machine?
Thanks very much!