How to reset a linked table
Posted on 2004-10-01
I have an Access (2003) database. It contains a linked table to an SQL server. This has always worked until recently when we changed the address of the SQL server. Fine. I open my Database and:
- Linked Table Manager (one shows up, address is 'SQL' (old address))
- I put a check beside it and click OK.
- I get a login failure, fine.
- I enter 'sql.mydomain.com' (the new sql address) and click ok.
- It says linked tables were updated successfully.
- Double click the linked table, 'Login failed for user...'
- Linked table manager.
- The address for the linked table says "SQL". wth?
- Repeat the process, nothing changes.
This procedure seems logical to me, why won't it save any changes I make?