This is my first time installing an .msi using a GPO and I am in need of some help. I have setup my share and extracted the XP service pack 2 files into it. I mage sure the users had permissions to read and execute the share. I then assigned the package to a test OU that had only computers in it. No luck. I tried on another server with a different set of computers and, no luck.
Can someone help by maybe asking me what I may have missed that I do not already know about.
have already been to microsoft's website and followed the directions exactly. I also made sure that when I assigned the share I added it using the full share name :ie: \\testserver\sp2\i386\update\update.msi.