ASP.NET 1.1.4322.0 Failed to execute request because the App-Domain could not be created.
Posted on 2004-10-07
Windows XP Professional SP2
.NET framework 1.1
I cannot for the life of me get IIS to serve an asp.NET page. I get the following error:
Server Application Unavailable
The web application you are attempting to access on this web server is currently unavailable. Please hit the "Refresh" button in your web browser to retry your request.
Administrator Note: An error message detailing the cause of this specific request failure can be found in the application event log of the web server. Please review this log entry to discover what caused this error to occur.
The full text of the event log entry is:
Failed to execute request because the App-Domain could not be created. Error: 0x80070002 The system cannot find the file specified.
Event ID 1088.
This happens every time I try to navigate to a .aspx page. The server will serve .html and image files just fine.
So far, I have done the following:
* Uninstall .net and reinstall
* Uninstall IIS and reinstall
* Uninstall both .net and IIS and reinstall first .net then IIS
* Uninstall both .net and IIS and reinstall first IIS then .net
* Run aspnet_regiis.exe -i and -r
* Change permissions in .config to be SYSTEM rather than MACHINE
* Verify that ASPNET has all necessary permissions (it is now a member of Administrators)
* Verify that NETWORK has permission to my web root
* Remove and re-assign web extensions to my root web
This is a new install of IIS, but is running on my workstation. It has never worked (never meaning today, since that's when I started trying)
I have not yet attempted percussive maintenance, but am quickly heading in that direction.