install and setup a secure ftp server using proftpd
Posted on 2004-10-08
Hi I want to setup proftpd server. Currently I am using Redhat Linux
Advance Server 2.1 installed on IBM 232 server .
1. Where can I find the latest version of proftpd?
2. Should Iinstall the *bz2 or tgz or rpm version?
3. How can I install it?
4. would i have any problems or conflict with an existing version of any ftp?
5. How to configure it?
6. I would have inside the ftp server users directoriers each user can read write
his own directory and read/view other directories, the usesrs will not have any login
access to ftp server?
7. The server will be accessed throu the insternet how can i make it
as much as i can a secure server? and allow only subnet work to access it ?