First the basics of my System config =
O.S. - Windows ME (GOLD, Jun 2000 ed.)
Processor - P4 1.6 Ghz (256 KB Cache)
Video - GeForce 2 MX 200 (64 MB)
RAM - 512 MB SDRAM;
HDD - 40GB 7200 RPM. (HDD Primary Master with DMA mode enabled)
Other - 1 CDROM & 1 CDWriter drive.
Lan card - Realtek (in built)
Now the questions -
I've just got a 24hr cable connection (broadband) for the internet. What I want to know is this-
1) Please advise me for a good Antivirus & a firewall S/w, both which are cheap, with regular updates, & do not consume too much of system resources.
2) What kind of problems i could face with this connection & what steps should I take to prevent any of these lapses on my part?
3) How could I create a shortcut to the connection, as I do not want to be connected as soon as I start the PC. &
4) Everytime I boot, the logon screen of network login appears. Mine is a single user system. How do I get rid of this.??
5) are there any tweaks to make all this faster or lighter on the system??
Do let me know the sols to above.
Thanx in advnce.