We have Windows 2000 Server with exchange server 2000 sp 3
- MX records forwarded from our isp to our server.
- firewall forwarding port 25 to out exchange server.
- is reporting an open relay
We have in Exchange server systems manager the following options checked/not checked.
- Connectors - address space "allow messages to be relayed to these domains" <not checked>
- Default SMTP Virtual server properties access - relay
- only the list below < checked>
- our subnet 192.168.5.0 , 255.255.255.0 in the access granted box
- Allow all computers which successfully authenticate to relay <not checked>
- Anon access <checked>
- Basic Authentication <checked>
- Integrated windows Authentication <checked>
I have done extensive searching on google and EE, have implemented the recommended changes (as above).
Still reporting an open relay and I can see that I am relaying a great deal of email not from my server.
I do not want to help spammers, and I know I am now! At them moment I keep on adding the IPs of people using the server for spam to my blocked list. This takes allot of work and is not the answer...
I am sure it is something simple that I have missed.