Solved

Can not get OMA (Outlook Mobile Access) Web Application to work

Posted on 2004-10-13
6
898 Views
Last Modified: 2008-01-16
Hello All,

I have a server running Windows 2003 with all patches installed from Windows Update.  On this server I am running Exchange 2003 SP1.  The issue I am having is I can not seem to get the OMA aplication to work.  My OWA works perfectly, and I do not have any issues via outlook, pop3, imap4.  The error I am getting when I try to access the OMA site is this:

Server Application Unavailable
The web application you are attempting to access on this web server is currently unavailable.  Please hit the "Refresh" button in your web browser to retry your request.

Administrator Note: An error message detailing the cause of this specific request failure can be found in the application event log of the web server. Please review this log entry to discover what caused this error to occur.

The URL I am using is as follows:

https://apollo/oma

I am getting this on IE as well as on my t616, t68i, Sony Clie, everything I try to access this application with this is all I get.  

I have tried the system with and without SSL in place.  

The server is also a domain controler for a small domain.  

Also when I check the Event log I do not have any entry in it from IIS or Exchange.  The only entry I have in my IIS access log is a standard access request.

Server specs:
Pentium 4 2.53Ghz.
Memory = 2.0Gig
Drives = 3 x 100Gig

Please let me know if I have left anything out or if I need to provide additional information.  

This is my 2nd question on this board, the first one was the sam question but I think I goofed and put in the wrong topic, sorry!!  but I have heard it is the best.

Thank You All
Scott
0
Comment
Question by:Scott_Vandiver
  • 3
  • 3
6 Comments
 
LVL 104

Expert Comment

by:Sembee
ID: 12310127
Silly question - but have you enabled OMA? It isn't enabled by default.
You also need to enable the clients and probably support for "unsupported devices".

ESM, Global Settings, Mobile Services. Right click on Mobile Services and choose Properties. Select the last two boxes.

You should be able to browse to /oma so do that in testing before moving on.

Simon.
0
 

Author Comment

by:Scott_Vandiver
ID: 12311298
Good Question, but I have enabled the feature in both the ESM, and for each one of the users.  I have also enabled suppoprt for "unsupported devices".

This is a good starting point.  It is always good to get the easy stuff out of the way first.

Scott
0
 
LVL 104

Expert Comment

by:Sembee
ID: 12312647
You might want to look at this article from Microsoft. Do the technique only for the /OMA sub folder:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=883380

Simon.
0
Is Your AD Toolbox Looking More Like a Toybox?

Managing Active Directory can get complicated.  Often, the native tools for managing AD are just not up to the task.  The largest Active Directory installations in the world have relied on one tool to manage their day-to-day administration tasks: Hyena. Start your trial today.

 

Author Comment

by:Scott_Vandiver
ID: 12316180
Simon,

Thank you for the link.  I tried the suggestion and this did not remove the error message.

Scott
0
 
LVL 104

Accepted Solution

by:
Sembee earned 500 total points
ID: 12324223
Try turning off friendly error messages in Internet Explorer on your desktop and browse to the /oma folder. See what error is thrown up.

Also check Authentication on the /oma virtual directory in IIS Manager. It should be basic and Integrated only. You should also pay attention to the default domain and default realm boxes.
If there is a domain listed, change it to be / only.
If it is currently / change it so that your domain is listed.
I cannot remember which way round it is and don't have access to a working system at the moment.

Anything else installed on this machine? Sharepoint for example?
Are you trying to use a non-standard port?

Simon.
0
 

Author Comment

by:Scott_Vandiver
ID: 12338402
No non standard port, and I do hav sharepoint on the machine.  It seems that the issue was the following:

Search for the following in the web.config in the \Program
Files\Exchsrvr\OMA\browse directory

<sessionState mode="InProc"

Then add the following on a new line above the <sessionState mode="InProc" line.

  <pages enableSessionState="true"/>
I had to restart the entire system for the changes to be taken, but after that it worked fine.

Scott
0

Featured Post

Best Practices: Disaster Recovery Testing

Besides backup, any IT division should have a disaster recovery plan. You will find a few tips below relating to the development of such a plan and to what issues one should pay special attention in the course of backup planning.

Question has a verified solution.

If you are experiencing a similar issue, please ask a related question

Lotus Notes – formerly IBM Notes – is an email client application, while IBM Domino (earlier Lotus Domino) is an email server. The client possesses a set of features that are even more advanced as compared to that of Outlook. Likewise, IBM Domino is…
Learn to move / copy / export exchange contacts to iPhone without using any software. Also see the issues in configuration of exchange with iPhone to migrate contacts.
In this video we show how to create an Address List in Exchange 2013. We show this process by using the Exchange Admin Center. Log into Exchange Admin Center.: First we need to log into the Exchange Admin Center. Navigate to the Organization >> Ad…
how to add IIS SMTP to handle application/Scanner relays into office 365.

803 members asked questions and received personalized solutions in the past 7 days.

Join the community of 500,000 technology professionals and ask your questions.

Join & Ask a Question