I have the following problem:
I have a small home network of 2 machines. I have a similar problem on both machines in my network - When I try to view the list of workgroup computers, I get the following error:
" Workgroup is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions.
The list of servers for this workgroup is not currently available"
I wnat to stress out that I get this error when I click in the "View Workgroup computers" link in "my network places". I know that a common problem is that after you get teh list of all computers you cannot access them, but I fail a step before that - I don't even get any list.
Some relevant details:
* Both computers run WinXP Pro. Computer A has SP2, and computer B has SP1
* On both computers I work with the same user (Administrator) and the same password
* Both computer have Zone alarm Pro installed (the home network is in the trusted zone, and the DSL connection on computer A is in the internet zone)
* on both computers windows Firewall is disabled.
* NetBios over TCP/IP was enabled on both computers
* Computer Browser service is running on both computers
* Both computers can ping each other
* Computer A is a Windows ICS gateway, and computer B browses the Web through computer B - This works fine.
I'd be gratefull (lifetime grateful) to the one who solves this for me. My next step is to re-install XP on both machines, and I would really like to aviod this.
Thank you all in advance,