Multiple errors when sending/receiving and deleting/moving messages in Outlook 2002
Posted on 2004-10-15
These are the problems I am having with Outlook 2002:
1. When I send/receive I get the following error:
Task 'pop.artellawordsandart.com - Sending and Receiving' reported error (0x8004060C) : 'Unknown Error 0x8004060C'
The "envelope" icon says that messages are downloading but they don't come to my inbox. Messages in my outbox are being sent repeatedly.
2. When I try to delete any message, or move it to another folder, I get this error:
"Restart Outlook and try again. If the problem persists, please reinstall. "
I have tried the following:
1. Running scanpst.exe under C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\Mapi\1033 to scan the Outlook.pst file (I found instructions to do this on another discussion that indicated a similar problem
2. Installing Service Pack 2 (I had not yet installed it)
3. A question - I saw on the previous discussion that Email Saver XE could be used if personal folders were corrupted, but when I run Email Saver XE, it asks me to select a backup folder from which to restore, and I don't know where to find a backup folder.
Please help. I'm completely unable to use Outlook as of now.