Missing Emails!!! Emails Disappeared after "Compacting"...running XP w/SP2
Posted on 2004-10-17
Hello...I am running XP and am extremely familiar with OE 6.0, however, after downloading SP2 a month ago or so I noticed the "compacting" message coming up frequently when I closed Outlook Express. Usually I just let it run in the background.
Well, about 30 hours ago or so the box came up and I said, "ok" to compact....and I had 5 unread, brand new emails in my in-box....they are now gone, gone, gone!
I have done the following thus far:
1. Restored my system to a prior point (twice)...nothing
2. Seached for all *.dbx and restored all mail folders...nothing...all it did was restore the inbox messages I had in there directly before the compacting happened
3. Reviewed entire hard drive, nothing
4. Contacted MS directly...no response received yet
5. Contacted my ISP, SBC...all servers up and running
How do I get these emails back? I need them desperately!