ASPX generated by VB not executed by IIS
Posted on 2004-10-18
I have the following installation on the same machine:
1) Visual Basic.NET 2002
2) Windows XP Professional - with both IIS and the .NET framework installed
I have the following problem:
1) I am trying to produce my first web form using VB.NET.
2) I have created a webform in the IDE and dragged onto it:
i) a Label with the text "My First WebForm" with bold font settings; and
ii) a Button with the text "Click Here"
3) I have set the background colour of the form to red
4) When I run the form in debug mode the Internet Explorer opens and:
i) the Label text is shown unformatted; and
ii) the button is not displayed.
5) When I look at the source in the browser the aspx tags are still there - as though they havent been recognised by IIS.
Attempts at resolution:
1) I have re-installed VB post install of IIS and the .NET framework but still have the same problem.
2) I have written an asp page that displays "Hello World " & Date and this seems to work fine i.e. IIS translates the Date into todays date and sends it back to the client as HTML.
Could you advise?