Pls Help: System is not booting
Posted on 2004-10-18
Could some body help me what went wrong with my system which suddenly stopeed booting. No beep,No BIOS, No Display and even no Harddisc activity.
I am suspecting the prob with SMPS owing to the following reasons (after powering the system).
* Power LED is glowing very dim
* Harddisc LED is not glowing
* CDROM is not able to open while pressing the push button.
* Graphic card fan is not running, however if I just move it with a screwdriver then it will run.
* However system fans and LEDs on mobo are glowing fine.
I am totally mad about this strange behaviour. Please help me to correct this.And how do I know if my SMPS is not working properly?. Any help is greatly apperciated.
Provided below the system config.
P4 2A, Intel845GBV mobo, seagate 80GB 7200 rpm hdd, kingston 512 ddr266, geforce2TI 64 MB disply, sony dvd rom.