Posted on 2004-10-18
Having major issues with this PC. Here is the problem: Computer was working fine until I did the following steps to eliminate some Spyware:
1. Turned off system restore (Win XP)
2. Ran Ad-Aware software for spyware.
3. Ran Spyhunter software for spyware.
4. Deleted registry entries that appeared to be Spyware related from Local Machine\Software\Microsoft\Current Version\Run.
6. Turned system restore back on.
Now Outlook will not connect with our Domain Controller (For DHCP), our Exchange server, and PC will not go out to the internet.
I tried to run ipconfig /renew, and I get the message "An error occured while renewing interface local area connection: an operation was attempted on something that is not a socket.
Other info: When I try to ping the loopback address, it replies, however the ping statistics will not list the loopback address, only symbols.
I have replaced the network card - same error.
Here's the confusing part, when given a static IP address on our network, the PC will connect to the local network for file sharing, etc. but will not connect to the internet or the Exchange server.