Outlook 2002 SP3 failure to delete items in inbox and failure to receive mail
Posted on 2004-10-18
Recently my version of Outlook 2002 (SP3) stopped accepting new mail into the inbox, and stopped allowing deletion of any items out of the inbox. The inbox is just over 1GB in size -- well below the stated size limit. I have found several similar reports, but the fixes they reported didn't work for me. The details are:
- When I try to receive email, I get a "Sending and Receiving error 0x80040600"
- When I try to delete an email out of the inbox, I get a "can't move item" error
- All other functions in Outlook seem to work fine -- and all other folders.
- I have run SCANPST numerous times on the file. A couple of weeks ago, I got some errors, but lately every time I've run it it comes up clean.
- I cleared out emails in some of the other folders and compacted the file.
- Today I completely removed Outlook and reloaded it. It also has all of the latest upgrades listed by Microsoft.
- It was running fine until a few days ago, and I had not made any changes to Outlook (or anything else that I can remember) at the time.
I would really appreciate any ideas.