I have an ASUS A7N8X-Deluxe v2.0 Mobo which is setup with 2 x Seagate 80GB SATA drives in RAID 1 (Mirror) array.
I want to upgrade these drives to 200GB Maxtor SATA drives, but not sure how to go about doing this.
Will the following work?
1. Unmirror current raid set (DROP VOLUME?)
2. Remove 1 x 80GB drive
3. Replace with 1 x 200GB drive
4. Use DRIVEIMAGE to make a 'copy' of the 80GB drive onto 200GB drive
5. Remove 80GB drive, Boot from 200GB drive.
6. INstall 2nd 200GB drive, create RAID array and remirror
Or do I have to use DRIVE IMAGE to an IDE disk - and make bootable!, remove BOTH 80GB disks, install 200GB disks, and then copy image back from IDE to SATA, make SATA bootable and make IDE non-bootable again???
Any help someone can give me here is most appreciated. With 80GB of data I do not want to lose, I want to be 100% sure I know what I am doing before I go ahead and try.