Max monitor refresh rate is 60 Hz on PC Chips M863G
Posted on 2004-10-20
I have build a PC using a PC Chips M863G motherboard. It works fine except that I'm unable to set the refresh rate for the monitor to be higher than 60 Hz.
1. The O/S is Windows 2000 Pro.
2. I've loaded the drivers that came with the motherboard. (Its CD says it's version 8.15C.) I can't find a VGA driver on the PC Chips web site.
3. The monitor is a Belinea 10 60 95 and it has worked on other systems at 1280x1024 and up to 85 Hz with 16 million colours.
4. I've used the most up to date .inf file for the monitor - downloaded from the MAXDATA web site. (Belinea direct you there.)
5. When I try to select a refresh rate different from 60 Hz, there's no choice in the combobox. It has to be 60 Hz.
The motherboard seems great for the price. But it just seems incredible if it can't drive the monitor faster than 60 Hz.
I can't stand the flickering much long 8-|