SendMessage - Clarification on Properly Using the WPARAM and LPARAM Parameters
I am planning on using the wparam and lparam parameters of SendMessage to send small bits
of data between two Windows applications on the same machine. The types and forms of the
data are as follows:
* int - between four to six digits
* string - between two to three characters
In addition, the applications will be using a Windows message that I will be defining using
RegisterWindowMessage. My questions are as follows:
* Are there any problems associated with this technique?
* How do I pass these types of data into SendMessage? Do I pass them in directly or do I
have to cast them?
* How do I retrieve these types of data from the retrieving application?
Finally, I am programming in C using Windows .Net. Any help is appreciated. Please
provide code samples with your explanation if applicable.
Work with freelancers specializing in everything from database administration to programming, who have proven themselves as experts in their field. Hire the best, collaborate easily, pay securely, and get projects done right.