MoveNext : "Key column information is insufficient or incorrect" error
Posted on 2004-10-21
First of all, thanks for clicking and simply reading this post.
Have a form in vb.net that contains the following:-
- 1 classic Ado control(called ADODC14) bound to a TABLE(called Tbl_Variations)
- several Textboxes bound to different FIELDS within the TABLE
The TABLE is in Access 2000 and contains :-
- zero - several records in the TABLE. (Depends upon situation)
- contains NO PRIMARY KEY (but each record has a guarenteed VARIATION NUMBER that is generated at runtime before a new record is added to the table.
- Boolean (Yes/No) DataTypes fields bound to Textboxes. This simply populates the textboxes with True/False/"" depending if the field value is Ticked/Not Ticked/DBNull
- Text DataTypes fields bound to Textboxes
Want to move between RECORDS in the TABLE if several records exist.
Using Adodc14.Recordset.MoveNext , .MovePrevious to tranverse between records
This error happens sometimes upon MoveNext, MovePrevious, but fails upon transitions between CERTAIN records.
TABLE contains several variation number (3,5,7,9,12,17)
MovePrevious works fine EVERYTIME going from 17 to 12
MovePrevious fails EVERYTIME going from 12 to 9 giving the error message
"Key column information is insufficient or incorrect. Too many rows were affected by update."
Anybody know why this is?? You thoughts would be most appreciated.